The PhysiYoga Approach
At Physiyoga we have a three part process of identifying where you are in our health and wellness journey, and work out how to effectively move you toward your desired goals through our Pain to Performance Pathway.
Our key difference is that we use a unique full-body approach called ConnectTherapy developed by Dr Linda-Loy Lee – a master physiotherapist who is an international researcher, clinician and teacher. ConnectTherapy allows the therapist to assess your entire body to determine where your symptoms are coming from and what might be contributing to them or causing them.
Understand the person with the problem. Identify contributing factors. Treat the issues in the tissues. Individualized treatment plan based on best available evidence and sound principles of physiology and biomechanics.
Create and consolidate efficient movement patterns with a combination of hands-on manual therapy and therapeutic exercise prescription. Teach self-treatment and management strategies. Specific exercise prescription. Building strength, endurance and capacity for daily function and goals.
Empower you to maintain your improvement. Explore new ways to enjoy movement. Safe return to sport. Performance enhancement. Achieve your health and wellbeing goals.
We are highly skilled health professionals
We believe Movement is Medicine. We are passionate about helping you to enjoy movement. We know that when you enjoy moving, you can more easily be active and enjoy life the way you want to.
Our team includes
We pride ourselves on having no machines – we work with our hands. You have our full attention and we only treat one client per session so you have our undivided attention.
We aim to get you moving – and stay moving
- We believe Movement is Medicine. We won’t simply tell you to stop doing the things you love, rather we do our best to find out how you can return to your peak performance as soon as possible.
- We use our one to one consultations to determine your needs and design an exercise program to suit you.
- We have a range of exercise therapy options to help get you moving using our fully equipped Yoga & Pilates studio.
- Don’t want to do a class? No problem – tell us what you want to be able to do and we’ll work out how to help.
- We have a total commitment to ongoing learning and professional development, going well above and beyond the required minimum standard for Physiotherapists.
- Our admin team and support staff work hard to make every visit as comfortable and easy as possible.
- We have free reminder emails and sms’s to help you keep track of your appointments.